Original owner: John Speedy, owner of a paint and wallpaper store.
Architect: Frank Reed
Built before 1885
This is one of the 10 oldest houses in Lowry Hill. It was about to be torn down by new owners who wanted to build a larger, more contemporary house in 2007. A group of preservationists who appeared at the Heritage Preservation Commission hearing presented evidence that it was a historic landmark. The HPC denied the permit and ordered a study. The owner appealed the decision but the appeal was denied. The owner restored the exterior, put on a new porch
and an addition in the rear -- and the house was saved.